We have put together the forecast for upcoming weddings, based on indications from the fashion and bridal world. Rustic weddings, vintage elements, diy invitations, earth-friendly considerations and lace/feathers accessories all top the list:
- Rustic weddings are becoming increasing popular with their warm and romantic look. Rustic weddings feature handmade items with homespun charm, located in a non-traditional setting such as a barn, winery, restaurant, garden and homes.
- Vintage elements are in, as the old-fashioned look is now modern. Antique jewelry, birdcage hats, soft muted colors in pretty florals lend an timeless feel. Visit http://www.poshgirlvintage.com for old hollywood glamour bridal gowns and chic sixties dresses. Vintage clip art, available at Formal-Invitations.com, also adds a enduring look and can be used on invitations, favor labels, menus, programs and thank-you stationery for a unified look.
- DIY wedding invitations not only save you money, but are easy to personalize. Avoid perforated and thin stock which gives a a cheap feel, instead layering a printable stock with a heavyweight card. Adorn with an embellishment for invitations that stand out from the typical card, checkout https://formal-invitations.com for affordable invites featuring unique papers and embellishments.
- Eco-chic weddings feature 100% recycled or tree-free invitations, truly reusable bridesmaid dresses (see jcrew.com and anntaylor.com for great selections) or pre-owned gowns, local flowers, conflict-free jewelry and seasonal organic food. Go to http://www.greenbrideguide.com for more earth-friendly ideas and resources.
- Lace and feathers are showing up in the latest bridal dresses, hair pieces, invitation wraps, shoes and floral arrangements. Visit http://www.twigsandhoney.com for gorgeous headpieces using these on-trend accessories.